This year’s Resistance Festival emerges as an important event with significant international guests, and takes place in a crucial moment for our country. It will last three days (from 19 to 21 June) at the Agricultural University in Athens (Iera Odos). Resistance Festival is organized for the 8th consecutive year by the weekly Dromos tis Aristeras (Path of the Left).
Among the guests who will participate in the public meetings and debates are:
- Álvaro García Linera, Vice-president of the Plurinational State of Bolivia
- Samin Amir, internationally renowned economist and intellectual
- Ertuğrul Kürkçü, Honorary President and MP of the People’s Democratic Party- HDP
- Tariq Ali, progressive writer and long time activist
- Luis Britto García, important intellectual and activist from Venezuela
Below you can see three of the most important political events which will take place in the framework of the festival.
- Friday 19 June at 20:00 p.m.
Opening Ways to the 21st century
Is a post-neoliberal world possible?
- Álvaro García Linera / Vice-president of the Plurinational State of Bolivia
- Luis Britto García / important intellectual and activist from Venezuela
- Rudi Rinaldi / member of the Political Secretariat of SYRIZA
- Saturday 20 June at 20:30 p.m.
The aged Europe in a world of ataxia and crisis
- Samin Amir / international’s range economist and fighter
- Tariq Ali / writer and activist
- Dimitris Kodelas / member of the Hellenic Parliament – SYRIZA
- Sunday 21 June at 20:00 p.m.
Assembly-Consultation: Greece CAN in another way!
Four years ago, thanks to the squares’ movement, a great hope was born: to get rid of the Memoranda regime imposed by the Troika, and to achieve real Democracy. Today, despite the electoral victory of SYRIZA and the formation of a new government, it seems that the domination of the Memoranda regime and the cynical blackmailing by the Troika continues, and the popular hope is put in doubt. The community of Resistance Festival organizes this public assembly in order to re-initiate the debate about the necessary steps leading to a liberating perspective and a way out of the present situation. So, the floor is given to the active and concerned people, to us!
Within the next hours the final program of all the political events of Resistance Festival will be announced. You can visit Resistance Festival’s official page (Web and Facebook) to be informed also about all the concerts, cultural events and other information.